Changing numbers when moving can be a hassle. People would like to port their number to keep their existing number, switch to a better service provider, get rid of a landline altogether, or port the number to a mobile phone.
Community Phone has helped thousands of users port their landline numbers without the headache. Not all landline numbers can be ported. Luckily, we can check for you.
Fill in the form below to check if your landline number is eligible for porting. A real person will check if your number is eligible and call you back with the results. It only takes a few minutes to get your results and no email is required.
The porting process for most telecom providers is the same, except for providers like Community Phone, who have a unique hand-held porting process. Here are the steps to port your number to continue using the same number with a new service provider.
1. Contact your new provider and sign up for an account
2. Call your existing service provider and request your number to be ported to the new provider.
3. Give your new provider the details required for the porting process. (PIN, Account number, Authorization etc.)
4. Once your number is ported, you can cancel your service with the old provider.
Community Phone has a special porting process, unlike other telco providers. Through their hand-held porting, the company ensures that your dedicated rep stays in touch with you through the entire process, keeping you updated, and helping you through challenges. Read on to learn more!
a) Call Community Phone customer care at (866)-264-8531.
b) Their customer care reps will guide you through the porting process.
c) Once you indicate that you want to port your number, you will be assigned a dedicated representative from Community Phone who will be your contact throughout the process.
d) They will keep you updated on the progress of the port and will handle any challenges that may arise.
a) The porting process begins with a coverage check.
b) The rep will need to know the address where you want to port your number to verify Community Phone has coverage in your area.
c) If you are moving, please provide them with your new address, and they will take care of the rest.
d) This is essential because porting your number is only possible if they provide service to your new address.
To choose a phone plan, you must decide what features you need and what you are willing to pay for.
a) There are several plans to choose from, so you should be able to find one that fits your needs.
b) A basic plan may work for you if you do not need many features.
c) If you need more features, consider a plan with more options.
d) Customized plans for porting are also available for both businesses and individuals.
a) You will have to share information such as - PIN, Account number, Billing address as registered with the current provider, and a Letter of Authorization to Community Phone.
b) Once this information has been validated with your current provider, the porting process will begin.
a) The next step after authorizing Community Phone to port your number is to contact your old service provider.
b) Request them to transfer your number to Community Phone.
c) Community Phone will port your number in 3-5 business days without disrupting your service.
Community Phone is the best wireless landline service in the US that works off cell towers, eliminating the need for internet or copper connections.
Since copper wire service is being shut down nationwide, as per FCC order 19-72, future-proof wireless landline service from Community Phone is a great way for you to continue using your landline.
Coverage across 99% of the US, clear voice quality, affordable plans, no contracts or hidden charges, and a 14-day FREE trial are some characteristics of Community Phone.
Here are other reasons for you to switch to Community Phone
1. Unlimited nationwide calling and texts: Enjoy unlimited nationwide calls and text messages to stay in touch with loved ones, business associates, employees, and customers.
2. 24/7 reliable customer support: Experience world-class support via email, phone, or live chat 24/7 by talking to live reps and not bots.
3. Works during power outages: Community Phone is exceptionally reliable as the landline base has a 12-hour battery backup that keeps your phone working during power outages.
4. Technician-less installation: Save time and money on expensive technician-dependent installations with the Community Phone landline base. You can install the base in under 30 seconds without technical help.
5. 14-day FREE trial: Plus, you get a free 14-day trial. You can dial customer care to cancel if it's not for you.
1. Call Forwarding: Forward calls to another number of your choice when you cannot answer calls from your landline.
2. Call Waiting: Never miss a call with the call waiting feature. This feature allows you to answer the second call by placing the first call on hold or route it to voicemail.
3. Spam Call Blocking: Block 99% of unwanted calls automatically before your phone rings with the Community Phone spam blocker and protect yourself from scammers and frauds.
4. Call Routing: Route calls to the appropriate person or department using live transfer, ringing several numbers simultaneously or a second number if the first is busy.
5. Voicemail-to-email: Access your voicemails as audio files and transcripts in your mail without logging into your voicemail box.
Yes. You can port a landline number to a cell phone with Community Phone. Contact customer care at (866)-264-8531 to learn more.
No. You must not cancel your landline service with the previous provider before porting. Telecom companies cannot port your number if it is inactive. Once your number is ported successfully, you can call your old service provider and cancel the service with them.
Community Phone can port a number in 3-5 business days without disrupting your service.
Porting your landline number to Community Phone is a simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes. This will also give you several benefits, including the fact that Community Phone does not require an internet connection or copper wires to work and provides reliable customer support. You also get a free 14-day trial to try the service before committing to it.