The 844 area code is a North American toll-free code covering a wide geographical area. When businesses don't want to be tied down to one specific city, opting for an 844 phone number over a local number expands the business reach and shows readiness to service a wider audience.
A business phone number's first three digits can, in most cases, reveal the location of the business. In North America, the first three digits of a phone number usually indicate the area code. This code tells callers where the phone number is registered geographically.
In this article, we'll take a closer look at the area code 844 location, its benefits, and how businesses can get their own 844 number with Community Phone, the best business landline service provider in the US.
What is an 844 Area Code Number?
The 844 area code is a toll-free number that allows callers in the United States, Canada, and over a dozen other North American countries and territories to reach businesses without being charged for long-distance.
An 844 number assures customers when they reach out to your business. Having a toll-free number and creating a positive customer experience can enhance your business reputation and create new business opportunities.
How Do Toll-Free Numbers Work?
In the North American Numbering Plan, toll-free calls are always free for callers in the United States and Canada. Businesses foot the bill for the toll-free numbers they buy. Along with 844, the 800, 833, 844, 855, 866, 877, and 888 codes are available in the US and Canada.
Toll-free calling is an excellent way for businesses to encourage customers to call for assistance or to find answers to questions, create a WoW experience for them, and use the goodwill generated thus to scale operations.
Why Should You Choose an Area Code 844 Phone Number?
Among the seven available toll-free area codes, 844 numbers have low inventory. Although customers may more widely recognize 800 and 888 numbers as free call numbers, the advantage of having an 844 number is its availability.
You can also get an 844 vanity number like 1-844-ACADEMY, making it easier for callers to remember your business. This slight difference can give you an edge in the competitive market, helping your business stay abreast of the competition.
Having 844 toll-free phone numbers can help customers build trust in your business. It shows that you're willing to go the extra mile to ensure excellent customer service by providing a free and easy way for them to get in touch with you.
Benefits of the 844 Toll-free Number
Several businesses have found that using a toll-free 844 number can offer many advantages. A few of these benefits are listed below:
An 844 number can give your business a professional and legitimate appearance, helping customers build trust in your brand. Increase credibility and trustworthiness with a toll-free number to help generate referrals and increase revenue.
A toll-free 844 number can help you brand your business more effectively. A unique phone number can be manageable for potential customers to remember, leading to more sales and repeat business. If your customers have a positive experience with your company, they are more likely to remember your phone number and recommend you to others.
3. Attract Customers
An 844 number can help attract new customers as they will not have to pay any charges for calling you. It encourages them to call your business without hesitation, increasing sales.
4. Area Code
Since the 844 number is not location-specific, customers from the US will not hesitate to call you. However, it would not be the case if you had a local number, as people would not call for fear of long-distance charges.
However, if you want to gather the support of a local community, having a local and toll-free number helps you get the best of both worlds.
Get An 844 Area Code Number for Your Business With Community Phone
Help people accept your business locally and contribute to your growth with a local number from Community Phone. Get a toll-free number, build trust, expand your reach, and show credibility and legitimacy.
Increase your sales and referrals by having a vanity number, making it easy for customers to remember your business.
How To Get An 844 Toll-free Number?
The steps involved in getting an 844 number are very simple, including:
1. Sign Up With Community Phone: First, you need to sign up with Community Phone, which can be quickly done by visiting their website or calling a business specialist. The customer care reps will be happy to help you with the sign-up process.
2. Get the 844 Number Of Your Choice: Once you have signed up, you can ask for the 844 number of your choice, either a toll-free number or a vanity number. If your preferred number is unavailable, the rep will assist you in getting a number as close to your expectations.
3. Start the Trial: After you have chosen your number, you can start the trial period, during which there is no charge. You can call the 24/7 Community Phone customer care to get your questions answered or concerns addressed.
What is Community Phone?
Community Phone is a business phone service that connects your business phone to cell phone towers to provide unlimited local and long-distance calls. With strong coverage across 99% of the US and excellent call quality in rural and low-reception areas, you can now engage with your customers without fearing call drops, latency, or poor call quality.
With excellent calling features like VoIP phones, the reliability of traditional landlines sans messy copper wires, and the freedom of wireless access, Community Phone is the best communication partner for your business.
Some of the business features we can tailor to match your unique business needs are:
- Call Routing: With Call Routing, businesses can program their 844 number to ring several simultaneously or a second number if the first one is busy. This feature can ensure all customer calls route to the correct person or department and there are no missed opportunities.
- Call Forwarding: Forwarding allows businesses to forward calls to another number, such as a cell phone, so customer calls are not missed. For smaller businesses, startups, and remote workers, this feature is a blessing as it gives customers the impression that someone is always available for assistance, generating customer loyalty.
- Custom Dial Menu: Businesses can program Community Phone’s custom dial menu to help customers immediately get the information they need. It can include business hours, success stories, and frequently asked questions. It ensures customers do not have to wait in line for hours to speak to a rep and frees up employee bandwidth.
- Voicemail-to-email: With voicemail-to-email, businesses can receive an email with the audio file of the voicemail and respond at any time, as per their convenience.
Why Switch to Community Phone?
With a Community Phone 844 number, your business will enjoy many advantages over traditional phone service. Here are just a few reasons to make the switch:
- Unlimited Nationwide Calling: Stay in touch with customers, have feedback calls, customer outreach, and more with Community Phone’s unlimited minutes without the fear of a massive phone bill.
- No Contracts: Unlike many traditional phone providers, Community Phone does not require customers to sign long-term contracts. You can cancel at any time without penalty.
- 24/7 Reliable Customer Support: The 24/7 customer support team is available to help you with questions or issues.
- Works During Power Outages: The 12-hour backup battery in the landline base ensures your business phones keep running during a power outage.
- Cost-Effective Plans: Call Community Phone business specialists to get the best deal for you and a custom quote.
- Quick Set Up: You can set up the Community Phone landline base in under 30 seconds by plugging it into a power outlet and a phone. This quick setup saves you time and money on installation.
844 Area Code FAQs
1. Is the 844 area code toll-free?
Yes, the 844 numbers are toll-free. Customers will not be charged for calling businesses with this area code.
2. Is the 844 number legitimate?
Yes, the 844 toll-free numbers are legitimate. It is not associated with scams or illegal activities.
3. Where is the 844 toll-free number located?
The 844 number is location-agnostic since it is not tied to any specific geographical location.
4. Who uses the 844 toll-free numbers?
Businesses use the 844 toll-free numbers to get more customer calls for their branding. Toll-free numbers encourage customers to call businesses as they will not be charged. Companies can use toll-free numbers to measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns or customer outreach.