Nobody likes being bombarded by spam calls every day. It is highly problematic because it doesn't let you focus on your work, and you might miss important business calls because of spam calls.
There were more than 50 billion robocalls in the US in 2021. If you have also been bothered by unwanted calls, you must be wondering: Why do I get so many spam calls?
The best way to stop spam calls on your is to sign up for Community Phone’s robocall blocking software. It enables you to flag any spam, unwanted, or robocalls and blocks them before your landline phone even rings.
Unfortunately, not all phone can block spam calls. Fill in the survey below to see if your phone is eligible for spam call blocking.
Why Are You Getting So Many Spam Calls?
There can be multiple reasons for getting spam calls. Let's discuss answers to the question why am I getting so many spam calls all of a sudden? in detail here:
1. Your Number is Sold in Scammer Groups
Getting a lot of unwanted calls would mean your number has been sold to a scammer group. Once your number is sold, it's used by all the scammers who have access to it.
They try to defraud you in multiple ways by posing as professionals. Some might pretend to be from insurance agencies. Others might portray themselves as car dealers.
People usually receive calls from fake healthcare insurers giving them discounted insurance options. However, their only purpose in reaching out to you is to steal your personal information.
2. You May Have Picked Up an Unwanted Call
Americans lost $29.8 billion in 2021 due to scam calls. Scammers also target you because you picked up their call once. They take it as an invitation and try to call you repeatedly as you look like a good target.
They might also try to call you from different numbers to increase their chances of engaging you. They leave you alone only when they are sure there are no chances of success.
3. Your Number is Public
If you are a business, you must list your contact in the public domain to help customers and potential customers. However, you should keep your personal numbers private. If you list them in the public domain, scammers will be ready to exploit them and call you repeatedly.
These days, hundreds of phone apps are always ready to harvest your data, including your phone numbers. We often accept their terms without thinking twice, leading to the data being leaked to scammers. To prevent this, you can go to the settings on your phone, check the permissions given to different apps, and limit access to those that look suspicious.
Your personal number should only be with your loved ones, trusted colleagues, and close business partners.
Calling the number below will provide a full demonstration of Community Phone’s robocall blocking. The short demonstration will teach you how our software detects and blocks 100% of robocalls, providing you with peace of mind.
Call the number below now to hear how it works.
How Do I Stop Getting Spam Calls?
If you have been asking yourself, why do I get so many spam calls? but find no way out, don't worry. You can get rid of them by taking the steps described below.
1. Download Community Phone’s FREE Spam Blocking App
Community Phone now offers a free spam-blocking app for iOS devices, providing the best protection against unwanted calls. It blocks spam calls on your cell phone and landline before either phone rings, giving you peace of mind.
The Community Phone app has advanced features, such as notifications to alert you about the numbers it blocks. It has been carefully designed to ensure complete user satisfaction and convenience.
The Community Phone spam-blocking app is completely free to download from the Apple store, ensuring that everyone can protect their phones from annoying spam calls. Once installed, Community Phone works in the background to monitor incoming calls and blocks any suspicious activity.
The Community Phone app is incredibly easy to use, allowing users to customize settings according to their preferences. You can choose what type of calls you want Community Phone to block. Landline users can also set up a whitelist for specific contacts in the app, so Community Phone's filters will not block them.
Thanks to its advanced algorithms and AI-backed technology, what sets Community Phone apart from other spam-blocking apps is its ability to block even unknown numbers. This ensures complete safety and security while using the Community Phone app. In addition, Community Phone has many other features, such as real-time monitoring, caller name recognition, call stats tracking, and more!
Overall, Community Phone’s FREE Spam Blocking App provides an effective solution against annoying spam calls without compromising performance or reliability. Its optimized features and intuitive interface make blocking unwanted calls a breeze!
2. National Do Not Call Registry
The NDNC Registry, managed by the FTC, tells telemarketers which numbers they cannot contact for sales calls. It allows you to choose whether you want to receive telemarketing calls.
However, you might still receive some calls from charities, political organizations, surveys, etc. If you receive calls from scammers after your registration has exceeded 31 days, you can report it to the FTC.
3. Use the *60 Star Code.
If you want to eliminate a number spamming you, use the code *60, which lets you block it easily. Here's how to do it:
- Pick up the receiver and dial *60
- You'll hear instructions that will walk you through the blocking process.
- Press #01# to block the very recent number
- If you want to block another number, dial #, then the concerned number with the area code, and # again
Spam Call FAQs
How do I get rid of so many spam calls?
- You can register on the National Do Not Call list. Call 1-888-382-1222 (voice) or 1-866-290-4236 (TTY) for free.
- Call from the same number that you want to register
- You can also register at donotcall.gov.
Why am I receiving so many more spam calls?
- Usually, you receive spam calls because your number has been sold to scammers. They try their best to defraud you by calling you repeatedly.
- Make sure you report these scammers regularly to Better Business Bureau and Federal Trade Commission.
What happens when I call back a spam number?
If you call a spam number back:
- It may go to a high-cost international number.
- You will be paying for that call.
- And the scammer will be making money.
Therefore, you must avoid calling a spam number back. Instead, it is advised to block the number from your phone and report it immediately.
Should I answer spam calls?
- You should never answer spam calls. Picking up spam calls is terrible because it encourages scammers to keep trying to win you over.
- The Community Phone spam blocker is a better option to protect you from unwanted calls.
- It will automatically block all robocalls.
What are spam calls trying to do?
- Spam calls are trying to steal your data. Spam callers usually pretend to be authentic representatives of different companies, especially the ones you trust.
- The whole purpose of spamming is to extract as much of your information as possible and use it to defraud you. Spam calls ask for sensitive information such as credit cards, bank accounts, etc.
Can spam calls hack your phone?
- Spam calls cannot hack your phone directly. But by pretending to be representatives of a company you trust, they can get information that can help them hack your phone.
- They also try to hack into your phone by pretending they're from prestigious companies like Apple and encourage you to install malicious software that extracts data from your phone.
If you have the right technology, getting rid of spam calls is easy. Get the Community Phone spam call-blocker to find a long-term solution to the problem. Community Phone with Nomorobo is launching soon, which will pair with the already powerful spam blocker to give you added peace and security.