The 100 million landline customers attest to a home phone's outstanding call quality and dependability in the United States. However, conventional landlines can be off-putting when you factor in installation costs, technician wait times, maintenance charges, and lack of customer support from service providers.
VoIP phones may sound like good alternatives, but they require a high-speed internet connection to match the reliability and call quality you get from landlines. A VoIP-based phone can be costlier than landlines if you factor in the cost of modems, routers, and the high-speed internet you will need to make calls.
Do you need the reliability of a landline without the extra costs of a VoIP phone?
Switch to Community Phone, the best wireless landline phone service provider in the U.S that does not need internet or copper wire connections to operate. With cost-effective plans that start as low as $39/month, Community Phone can save you hundreds of dollars on installation costs, setup, and maintenance.
Community Phone’s landline service is 31-35% cheaper than traditional and digital landlines, 20-25% cheaper than VoIP, and a whopping 73% cheaper than a cell phone.
How Much Does A Landline Phone Cost?
A landline phone service typically costs $42 per month in 2023. However, when you factor in the installation costs and the internet packages that most providers require, the annual costs for landline phone service and equipment may exceed $544.
The cost of a landline depends on a few factors such as:
- The type of landline; wireless, fiber optic, copper wire, or VoIP-based home phone.
- The required features may include voicemail, call forwarding, or spam call blocking.
- The need for unlimited minutes or international calling.
Traditional Landline Phone Costs
A copper cable phone line costs anywhere between $100 to $300 for setup. However, copper wire landlines will quickly be a thing of the past as they are being retired by service providers across the country, thanks to the new FCC regulation.
Digital Phone Line Costs
How much do landlines cost if they are digital? Since fiber-optic cables are beginning to replace copper wire cables, digital phone line installations may cost you between $100 to $600. Add phone instrument cost between $50-$120, expensive bundled monthly subscriptions, and you will be spending close to $700/year + taxes on a digital landline.
VoIP Phone Costs
Phones that work on VoIP may cost between $20-$100. In addition, you need to shell out $50-$150 for a modem and an internet connection and $80-$120 for the router. Add subscription plans that appear to start as low as $15 and quickly go up to $100 for additional features, and you would be spending $700-$800/year + taxes on VoIP.
The call quality and reliability of VoIP phones depend on the strength of your internet connection. So, getting high-speed internet to ensure call quality and clarity may cost you more than mentioned above.
Additionally, if there is an internet or power outage, your phone lines will go down. In this case, you must consider the effect it will have on your power bill and the cost of the backup power unit.
Cell Phone Costs
Cell phones have an average cost of $70 per month for an unlimited data plan. The average smartphone cost is $580, meaning the average American spends around $1,420 per year on phone service and new hardware.
Community Phone’s Wireless Landline Service
Switching to Community Phone has been the best home phone service provider for households in 2023 as they are the most reliable landline service provider with affordable plans and ZERO cost for landline installation. You can port your current number to Community Phone and reduce phone line costs.
How Much Does Community Phone Landline Service Cost?
The Community Phone landline base connects your home phone to cell towers in your area, eliminating the need for copper wires or internet.
With FREE shipping and handling, a lifetime hardware warranty, and convenient options to pay the one-time cost of the landline base - $ 99, Community Phone saves you an average of $150 on installation alone.
Community Phone boasts of transparency and NO hidden charges, and monthly subscriptions start as low as $39.
So, how much does a landline cost with Community Phone?
As we mentioned above, Community Phone’s landline service is 31-35% cheaper than traditional and digital landlines, 20-25% cheaper than VoIP, and a whopping 73% cheaper than a cell phone.
Since you need to invest in the landline base only when you sign up with Community Phone, your home phone savings with Community Phone will increase considerably in the subsequent years.
You don’t need to pay anything to install the landline base; it takes only 30 seconds to set up. Connect the landline base to a power source and insert your phone jack into the base.
Talk to our landline specialists to know more about Community Phone plans and choose the best one for you!
Benefits of Switching to Community Phone
Your Community Phone landline is worth every penny you invest. Here are some of the benefits of signing up with Community Phone:
- Reliability: Community Phone has partnered with the most extensive carriers nationwide to ensure 99% connectivity and strong coverage across the U.S, even in rural areas.
- No Internet Required: Community Phone connects your home phone to cell towers in your area, eliminating the need for internet or copper connections.
- Crystal Clear Voice and Call Quality: The superior design of the landline base ensures you get crystal clear voice quality and call clarity even in areas with poor reception.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Unlike providers who make it difficult to get to their customer support, Community Phone’s 24/7 customer support is always available to help you with your queries or concerns.
- Quick Setup: The landline base just takes 30 seconds to set up.
- Works During Power Outages: The landline base comes with a 12-hour battery backup that keeps your phone running even during power outages, unlike VoIP phones.
- Connects with Any Landline Phone: You don’t need to buy a separate phone instrument as the Community Phone landline base connects with almost all landline phones.
- 14-day risk-FREE Trial: Community Phone does not bind you in contracts and has a 14-day risk-FREE trial. Their customers were so pleased with their service that they signed up for Community Phone’s Annual Plans after the 14-day trial.
How Can I Get Started with Community Phone?
To sign up with Community Phone:
- Call Community Phone at 866-591-2417 and speak with a landline/business specialist.
- Check your current address for coverage
- Choose a plan once the rep confirms coverage
- Community Phone offers local, toll-free, and vanity numbers. You can choose a FREE local number or port your existing number. So you can choose the perfect number for your home or business.
- Complete the signup process
- Wait for the landline base and install it as per instructions
- Check if your landline works as intended once the base completes the booting process.
How to Port Your Active Number to Community Phone
You can port your number to Community Phone through its hand-held porting process in 3-5 business days without disrupting service. Follow these steps to port your active number:
1. Contact Community Phone
Call their customer care at 866-271-7804. Inform the rep that you would like to port your number. A dedicated representative will be assigned to help you with your porting process.
2. Check for Coverage
Your rep will check your area to ensure Community Phone has coverage before you sign up with them.
3. Authorize Porting
Once the rep confirms coverage, you can share the necessary information to port your number. Community Phone will need:
- The phone number you want to port
- Your name as it is with your old service provider
- Account number from the previous provider
- PIN from the previous provider
- The billing address the previous provider has on file for you
- A letter of authorization
4. Contact Your Old Provider
Contact your old provider and request your number to be ported to Community Phone.
5. Wait For Porting to Complete
Your dedicated rep will keep you updated on the porting status and any challenges during the process. Alternatively, you can check the status by logging into your Community Phone user account on my.communityphone.org.
6. Verify If Your Number is Active
Once Community Phone has completed porting, you will receive your landline base if you have opted for it. Install the landline base in 30 seconds per the manual's instructions, and test your phone to check if you can make and receive calls. Contact customer care if you have challenges.
7. Cancel Service With Your Old Provider
After verifying that your Community Phone service is active, you can call your old provider and cancel the service with them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much do landlines cost?
The cost of a landline will vary depending on the service provider and the features included. However, it may cost between $20 and $60 per month. Switch to Community Phone and choose from cost-effective plans that start as low as $39/month.
Can you have a landline phone without internet?
Yes, you can have a landline phone without the internet. Community Phone connects your landline phone to the cell towers in your area, eliminating the need for internet or copper connections, and ensuring 99% connectivity across the U.S, even in rural areas.
Is it worth keeping a landline phone?
Yes, landlines are still worth keeping. Unlike VoIP phones, they offer superior call quality, reliability, and work during a power outage.
Community Phone's revolutionary landline service is cheaper than digital phone lines and VoIP. If you are currently paying for a fiber-optic or VoIP phone service, you're likely overpaying and not getting the service you ought to.
Switch to Community Phone and experience the magic of huge savings, reliability, excellent call quality, voice clarity, charge transparency, connectivity during emergencies, and much more!